Find an American Sign Language Practice Partner!

Are you learning American Sign Language on your own? Finding an ASL partner with whom to practice your signing skills is an integral part of learning this language. And since ASL is a visual language, face-to-face practice time is crucial to your success. As they say, practice makes perfect!

If you are interested in learning ASL along with a community of other students, you may be interested in joining the Start ASL Complete Online Course. Our course is the most advanced and fun step-by-step online ASL learning available and we guarantee you’ll love it!

So, if you are learning ASL and looking for a partner with whom to practice, please visit our dedicated Facebook posts linked to below:

For Students 18+

Find an ASL Partner 18+

For Students Under 18

Find ASL Partner Under 18

547 replies
« Older CommentsNewer Comments »
  1. lauren j
    lauren j says:

I have an app called glide where you can send video messages. My username on that is laurenjo117 if anyone is interested in a more advanced ASL practice buddy!

2. Koko
    Koko says:

Hello! 👋🏽My name is Khouri, I’m hearing, currently in an intermediate ASL class at Uni, and live in Southern California. I’m looking for someone who can be patient with me and wants to review basic signing, sentence structure, vocab, and just chit chat. Even though I’m currently in intermediate classes my signing skills themselves are a couple years behind because I haven’t been able to use them as much as I hoped I would over the years. But, this time I want it to stick! Find me on facebook (khouribee) or instagram (khouriouri) if you’d like to get started! I’m willing to work with whatever schedule we can come up with for skyping/facetime.

• Lacey
      Lacey says:

Hello Koko,
      I would love to help you! I am hearing too, I have been doing ASl for 5 years now but I am still eager to learn more and to get better at signing

• Alex
      Alex says:

Hello, I’m Alex, Also Deaf too, I’m love it Teaching is for you learning sign language, if you are interest, please letting me know,

(Text) (616)-216-3230

3. RaeAnn
    RaeAnn says:

Hey everyone! I just finished ASL 1 through Gallaudet online. I can’t start the second class yet while I’m saving money but I want to keep practicing! Studying to interpret at schools one day.
    If anyone wants to video chat (FaceTime preferably but Skype is accessible) 2 – 4 times a month that would be great!!
    I am at a beginner level
    Message me at 770-508-9030

4. RaeAnn
    RaeAnn says:

I am at a beginner level

5. Megan
    Megan says:

Howdy! I’m interested in practicing a little bit here and there with people who don’t mind a relative beginner. I’ve been using the LifePrint website – just finished lesson 13, so nearly done with “level 1”! I’m enjoying it greatly and hoping to practice trying to have actual conversations. I’m 38, currently in Chicago. My Skype is megseliz0 – say hello!

6. lauren j
    lauren j says:

Hi all! My name is Lauren, I’m 18 years old and studying to be an interpreter. I’m at an intermediate-advanced level of ASL and I would love a practice partner to chat and have conversations in ASL to practice! Reply to this comment with your information if you are interested and I’ll be happy to reach out to you :)

7. c.martin
    c.martin says:

Hi everyone! I’m looking for someone to practice with that would like to video chat at least weekly. If you’re interested, reply with your contact information.

8. mscholl
    mscholl says:

Hey! I live in Florida and have recently started to try and re-learn sign language. I took it a couple years ago in high school. I’m definitely still a beginner and can only hold basic conversations. I’d love to meet face to face, video chat or Snapchat to practice. Email: hvizdomaggie@gmail.com or Snapchat: hvizdomaggie

9. CourtneyB229
    CourtneyB229 says:

Hey everyone! I’m a beginner and would love to sign with someone. I know the alphabet, a few basic signs, and am about to being the Start ASL Program. If you’re interested, list your snapchat, phone number, glide, etc. (or whatever you prefer) below. Happy Signing!

10. caitlin sawyer
    caitlin sawyer says:

Hi My name is Caiti Sawyer, I am looking to practice with someone who is more advanced. I live in rural KS and I need to be able to count the Practice as my first deaf event. I am in lesson 4 of unit one in the start ASL Program.

• Kate13
        Kate13 says:

Hi. Would either one of you be willing to do ASL with me? I’m not very far, but it would be nice to have another to do it with.

11. toya
    toya says:

Hi. My name is Toya. I have a certificate in deaf studies. I am looking to practice with others to enhance my ASL skills. I am willing to practice the basics, beginners, intermediate, and advance (I am not on an advance level; however, I am looking to progress to that level and above). Please message me on Skype or Facebook if interested in practicing; toyatoya12 (Skype), Latoyafacen (Facebook). I am a 25 year old female and I live in the US; for those of you whom are concerned with age and location.

12. tlo
    tlo says:

Hi my name is Tomas and I have been learning asl online for couple of weeks now. I am still learning the alphabet and numbers (very much a beginner) and would like to find another beginner just like me to practice. I am in the San Leandro, ca area.

Tomas

• kenzie
      kenzie says:

hey tomas, my name is Kenzie. I am a beginner and looking for a partner. Are you still looking for a partner?

• Alex
        Alex says:

Text) (616)-216-3230

13. Blake C
    Blake C says:

Hi! My name is Blake and I’m new to ASL. I’m still practicing the alphabet (speed mostly) and I know basic words and phrases right now. I’m not in school, just very interested in the deaf/HoH community and would love to be an interpreter someday. I’m new to the Lawrence, KS area and would like to find a study buddy who is roughly in the same skill level (very beginner). Happy signing!

• Lucy
      Lucy says:

Hi Blake! Im Lucy and I’m not a beginner, but I’m looking to brush up on beginner level stuff. Look for me on glide if you’re interested! My name there is Lucy Rockwell.

• Lucy
      Lucy says:

Hi Blake! Im Lucy and I’m not a beginner, but I’m looking to brush up on beginner level stuff. Let me know if you’re interested! You can reply here to connect to me. I’m also on the glide app under the name Lucy Rockwell

14. Pablo Sep
    Pablo Sep says:

Hi! Is anyone in the Seattle area interested in joining our ASL study group? We meet once a week at the Broadview Library in Greenwood.

15. Lucy
    Lucy says:

Hi! Ive taken several years of ASL but that was a few hears ago. I have an app called glide that I use to connect with my friends who use sign language. I need more practice. Look me up if you’re interested, my name on glide is Lucy Rockwell.

16. Courtney
    Courtney says:

I am looking for a partner via FaceTime or Skype. I am a beginner. Leave your SnapChat or number below if you’re interested.

17. Kathygeary
    Kathygeary says:

I am looking for partner via Skype , I’m taking start asl courses , on unit 7 but still very slow! Would like to practice on basic words

18. DiDi
    DiDi says:

Hi. I am looking for a partner to sign with. Someone who is dedicated. I am a beginner. I can quiz you and you can quiz me. I am looking for signers who are at least 30+ years of age. Contact me at Shandi1958@outlook

19. emily
    emily says:

Hi! i’m Emily and i’m a junior, (no 12 year old’s or 50 year old’s please) have been studying sign language for 5 years now and i’m pretty fluent, the only problem is is that i have trouble seeing someone and watch them sign and understand everything. if you want to Skype or face-time my snapchat is emily26084 and my number is (706) 224-5977

• toya
      toya says:

Hi Emily,
      I am not fluent, I am able to hold a conversation using sign language to a certain extent. We could possibly assist each other considering I have this issue also. I will add you on Snapchat and message me if you are interested in practicing.

20. Zachary Sander
    Zachary Sander says:

Hi I’m Zachary I’m a freshman’s in ASL 1 but I really want to retain everything I can so I can teach my little sister. She is eventually going to be fully deaf in one ear and she wants to take French so me teaching her ASL will help her be able to do that.
    If you want to help me here is my snap chat
    :Zmaxx81

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

I haven’t completed the whole number one but I think think I could use a bit of signing with another person. Would you be willing?

• xiadani
      xiadani says:

Hi Zachary! I too am a freshman and I would love to help you, I am learning progressively and I think I can help you with the basics and lots of numbers as well! 562-331-5224

• Lucy
      Lucy says:

I think I can help. Ive taken a few years of sign but am a little rusty. Look me up on the Glide app. Lucy Rockwell

21. Courtney
    Courtney says:

Hey! My name is Courtney. I’m looking for a signing partner. I know the alphabet, and a few signs but other than that, am just getting started. If anyone wants to Skype/FaceTime let me know!

22. Kacey
    Kacey says:

Hi. My name is kacey, I live in Florida, and Unlike most of you I don’t go to a school or anything like that. I take free online courses and watch a lot of videos. I would like to be an asl translator one day. I study everyday but could really use some help. So if anyone wants to partner up I would be ecstatic! :)

• ktbean2716
      ktbean2716 says:

Hey Kacey, I am from Florida too. I live in Tarpon Springs and am trying to find others to sign with. Let me know if your interested. I am 33 years old and an elementary school teacher.
      ~Katie

23. gail
    gail says:

Hi! I’m currently as student in Alberta studying ASL and hopefully becoming a sign language interpreter in the end. I would like to find a person who has at least a beginner’s knowledge of ASL; I’m currently in ASL 101 and will be finishing the courses in my program by June of 2020. I’m pretty flexible, and willing to find a time that works for both parties. I have my Fridays off of school. Let me now if you’re interested :)

24. Teya
    Teya says:

Hello! I’m a college student taking a ASL evening class once a week and is looking for someone to practice with and learn more about the culture. reply here if interested and we can find a way to contact each other I do live in New York State

25. Alex
    Alex says:

I’m looking for an asl practice partner or someone who can teach me, I’m a beginner and only know a few signs, my Skype is live:alex11lamperouge

26. alexandra
    alexandra says:

Hello,

Just like so many in the comments already, I am just starting out with learning asl and would love someone to communicate with to strength my skill and knowledge. please let me know if you’d be willing to be practice partners! If you’d like to be partners, just send me a message! :) Thank you!!

– Alexandra

• Teya
      Teya says:

Hey Alexandra! I would love to be your partner and I’m taking a college beginner class if that helps in what level I am and If you’re interested reply back ^^

27. Tessa Hawkins
    Tessa Hawkins says:

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting a post up in the forum – I just want to post:

“Hi everyone, I’m looking for a signing partner – I’m in Victoria, BC, Canada (Pacific Time). Let me know if you’d like to connect!

• DiDi
      DiDi says:

Hi. Yes, I can be your partner.!I am a beginner. Lol! I am also on the East Coast. Send me your skype information, please!

28. Jaime Gleason
    Jaime Gleason says:

Hi, I’m sooo excited to find this site. I’m doing the Free ASL course. I know a little sign already but definitely need a signing partner. I live in Northern California – Solano County (near Sac). I’m very excited to find a partner. Even if it’s on Skype.

29. JAC
    JAC says:

Hello! My names JAC and i’m new to ASL and the deaf community. i’ve just had a friend go deaf and i want to surprise them. Could someone help me please?

30. Abbey
    Abbey says:

Hey everyone, my name is abbey. And i find it better to learn when im interacting with another person, so please comment if you would like to have a practice partner!

31. Yinna
    Yinna says:

Hey everyone, I’m currently taking ASL3 and I’m looking for a Skype signing partner who’s at about that level. I’m on Pacific time but I have very flexible hours so it doesn’t matter much where you are. Please email me: maragem-01@yahoo.com with a bit of ASL info about yourself. Looking forward to meeting you!

32. waleed_9110 skype
    waleed_9110 skype says:

Hi im waleed, im looking to practice with anyone at an intermediate or advanced level in asl, my skype: waleed_9110 :)

33. Jeff
    Jeff says:

Hey, I’m currently in Columbus, GA. I just recently joined StartASL. I went to a deaf community meeting for the first time few months ago and I felt in love with ASL. I don’t have social media so I don’t know when they meeting up again. But I do have skype. I’m looking for a partner so I can practice more often during the week. I’m fairly new, but very excited to continue improving my knowledge about the Deaf Community and sign skills. I would appreciate the help very much.

34. Kathygeary
    Kathygeary says:

Hey every one. Happy Sunday! Looking for someone to practice with today. I’m new and slow but wanna learn!

35. Kathygeary
    Kathygeary says:

Just beginning to learn very slow yet determined , would like to Skype practice with someone

36. Alexis
    Alexis says:

Howdy,

I am still looking for an online study partner via Skype. I am on mountain standard time and would like to meet up a few times during the week to practice vocab and simple sentences. I am hearing and taking courses to learn the language. I have finished ASL 101 and 102, so far. I still consider myself beginning level as far as vocab words go. Need repetition and practice

Skype is live:2c2c6e9f4e6a1f32

Aexis

• Somer
      Somer says:

Hi Alexis!

I am also on mountain standard time as well and would love a study partner! If you would like to practice with me you can add me on skype.

Skype is: sokmer

• Somer
          Somer says:

I took ASL 101 and 102 in high school and am taking 101 on here again as a refresher since it’s been a while since I’ve used it.

• Alexis
            Alexis says:

Ok, I messaged you on Skype. At least I think it is you. I will check for your reply on there.

Be in touch~~~

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

How far are you in sign language now? Are you still in ASL 102 or have you gotten further? How far are you now?

37. lpederson0731
    lpederson0731 says:

I’m looking for anyone in or very near Joplin, MO that would be willing to meet up maybe once a week to study

38. Logan
    Logan says:

Hey! Looking for someone to practice sigh with! Reach out to me at lo_mitch0514@yahoo.com! I am a beginner but I was getting good with conversation until I just got to busy to practice enough with others. I’m hoping to have someone around my age (20).

39. Arkasia
    Arkasia says:

Hi! I am looking for somebody around Peoria, IL area. I would like to practice with someone in person. If you are interested in meeting up please let me know :)

• Conor21
      Conor21 says:

Hello, my name is Conor. I live in Mossville Ill. And I would like to set up a time to practice ASL. I look forward to hearing from you.

• Arkasia
        Arkasia says:

Hi Conor! Where do you take asl at? Also, I would like to find out more about you before we meet if that’s ok? I look forward to hearing from you!

40. Alexis
    Alexis says:

Howdy,

I am looking for an ONLINE study partner that can meet 1-3 times a week, at least. I prefer weekdays. I am in the U.S.A. and I am on mountain standard time. I need an entry level study partner so we can practice repetition with words, numbers, and creating simple sentences to start. I have finished ASL101 at my local college already. I have access to Skype.

Alexis

• Lisa Malik
      Lisa Malik says:

Alexis, I would love to practice with you online on weekdays. I have taken ASL 101 twice and am about to begin a job as a speech therapist at a School for the Deaf and need to practice my ASL.

• Alexis
        Alexis says:

Hi there Lisa,

I believe I can be found via skype by searching alexluvsfrogs. If that does not work then let me know how I can try to find you. Try sending me an invite!

Be in touch~~~

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

I’m near the beginning of ASL. But if you still need a partner I’m willing to do it. It might also help me remember more and get through it faster. Without a partner or anything I have been trying to do ASL and it doesn’t take long for me to forget signs without using it.

41. SignWithNe
    SignWithNe says:

Hello, my name is Renee!! I’m hearing and I am looking for a practice partner for beginners ASL located in South Carolina.

42. Kumar
    Kumar says:

Hi
    This is kumar
    Im from Mumbai,India
    I am deaf
    I wish to learn and practice ASL
    I looking for partner to learn sign language.
    Anyone near mumbai or wish to practice online live, can contact me .

43. Abby Brantley
    Abby Brantley says:

Hey I’m a beginner!! Only in ASL1 unit 5, I would love someone to practice with.😊

• Elizabeth
      Elizabeth says:

Hi Abby,

I am available to practice if you are still looking for a partner. I have FaceTime and Skype.

Elizabeth :)

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

I’d like to do ASL together. I’m near the beginning like you. And I would like to do it with someone and not just myself. On Skype.

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

Hi, I’m practically just starting also. I’m looking for a partner. Do you want to do ASL together on Skype?

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

I don’t know if you haven’t seen my reply yet or if you need more information. I have been checking comments at least weekly. Lately more daily. If you still want to do it that’s perfectly fine with me.

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »