Deaf Events in the South United States

Deaf Events in the South

Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C., and West Virginia

If you’re looking for Deaf events in the southern United States or want to post your own, you’ve come to the right place!

To Search Deaf events in your state, use your browser’s Find ability (CTRL+F) to search for your state’s name on the page.

To Post Deaf events in your state, leave a comment below with the name, address, date, and time, and be sure to use your state’s full name in your comment below so others can Search it easily.

We try our best to find you accurate events for you to attend. Some events are free, while other events require tickets or an entrance fee. We are not responsible for cancelled events. Contact information is provided as available for each event and not affiliated with StartASL.com.

Happy signing!

157 replies
  1. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

11/8/19
    Washington DC
    PT Rocks – DeafBlind Friendly Social
    5pm-8pm
    Union Market DC, 1309 5th NE, Washington, DC 20002
    Description: Come wind down your week and meet the folks (Jelica Nuccio, CM Hall, and Heather Holmes) who are a part of the DeafBlind Interpreting National Training & Resource Center as we visit DC! This event is an opportunity to socialize and practice protactile language! Come learn, laugh, and meet some great folks!
    Contact Information: https://www.facebook.com/events/258592998388223/

2. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Columbus, GA
    11/1/19
    All Deaf Dinner
    6pm
    The Speakeasy (3123 Mercury Dr, Columbus, GA 31906)
    Description: It’s not just for the ladies, it’s for everyone! Invite your spouses, your family, & your friends, all Deaf, Hard of Hearing, & Hearing! If you want to learn sign language & the Deaf culture, come & join us!

Contact Information: RSVP to the Facebook event by 10/31/19 https://www.facebook.com/events/454638168729078/

3. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Nashville, TN
    11/16/19
    Deaf Community Pumpkin Fest
    2pm-6pm
    Centennial Park, Nashville, TN
    Join us for a crazy afternoon of FUN! The Deaf Community Pumpkin Fest is a wild day of pumpkin based games and sports and crafts and munchies. Keep an eye out for more information, but this event is going to be one you don’t want to miss!
    Click below for more info: https://www.gatecommunications.org/pumpkinfest

4. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Houston, TX
    10/19/19
    Deaf Day at Space Center Houston
    Time: Check the link for the schedule for the day (Tour reservations required)
    Location: Space Center Houston, 1601 NSA Pkway, Houston, Texas, 77058
    Description: Join us Oct. 19 for Deaf Day at Space Center Houston honoring the contributions of Deaf and Hard of Hearing persons in human space exploration.
    Contact Information: https://spacecenter.org/exploration-events/?fbclid=IwAR2PmddZ2rjhO8P8-6zzl0TqL7XAlK-qVC4EWtHU5lTlJqL4Sw1-jKGvA7A

5. josewink
    josewink says:

Bible Alive conference at the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter. This Deaf-led event will take place November 8–10, 2019.
    Creation Museum 2800 Bullittsburg Church Rd., Petersburg, KY 41080
    Ark Encounter 1 Ark Encounter Dr, Williamstown, KY 41097
    Experience Faith-Equipping Sessions, an ASL Movie Presentation, Bible Time for Children, Deaf-led Worship, and Deaf Pastors and Missionary Training.
    Interpreters Available
    During breaks in the conference, attendees can tour the Creation Museum and the Ark Encounter and enjoy ASL interpretation during specific times at each location. It’s a wonderful time of fellowship and learning for all involved.

6. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Nashville, TN
    10/12/19
    DeafNation Expo
    9am-5pm
    The Fairgrounds Nashville, Expo 3
    401 Wingrove Street, Nashville, TN 37203
    Description: DeafNation Expo offers many different booths with information about services for the Deaf/HOH, Deaf owned businesses sell their books, media, and apparel. The expo also offers you a chance to step into the Deaf Community. There will be shows to watch throughout the day. Check the website for a list of the schedule for the day.
    Free Registration: https://deafnation.com/nashvilletn/

7. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Austin, TX
    10/28/19
    Danny Skits Show
    7pm-9pm
    Texas School for the Deaf, 1102 S. Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704
    Description: Danny Murphy is a British Deaf actor and he is fluent in British Sign Language, BSL. Deaf Hangout, Inc. is very proud to present Danny’s Skits Show and it is a comedy and kid friendly performance. He will use both languages, BSL and ASL during his show!
    Purchase Tickets here: https://dho.deafstore.com/RMDS2019OCT23.html

8. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Daytona Beach, FL
    7/6/19
    Stavro’s Pizza Silent Dinner
    7:30pm-10pm
    Location: Stavro’s Pizza House, 262 S Beach St., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
    Description: The Daytona State ASL Club would love for you to join us for our Silent Dinner event at Stavro’s Pizza! Everyone is welcome! Come for dinner, drinks, and lots of signing practice!

This event will be held after our Camp Endeavor Forever ASL Mime Show charity fundraising event:

We look forward to seeing you guys there!
    Contact person: Original Event post: https://www.facebook.com/events/2749878481695006/

9. Gdelgado2911
    Gdelgado2911 says:

Looking for deaf events (or any deaf resources) near El Paso, TX. If you know of any, or your near El Paso also looking to learn, hit me up!

10. Jessica M.
    Jessica M. says:

Library Services for the
    Deaf & Hard of Hearing
    615 Church Street
    Nashville, TN 37219-2314

Hours: Monday – Friday
    9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Central)

ttps://tndeaflibrary.nashville.gov/connect/calendar/upcoming-events

• Jessica M.
      Jessica M. says:

Oklahoma

MOORE
      WHEN: Every 1st Friday of each month from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM WHERE: Starbucks Coffee 620 SW 19th St Moore, OK

OKLAHOMA CITY
      Every 2nd Friday of each month from 7:00 PM to Closing WHERE: Starbucks Coffee 5836 NW Expressway Oklahoma City, OK

NORMAN
      WHEN: Every 3rd Friday of each month from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM WHERE: Starbucks Coffee 1601 24th Avenue NW Norman, OK

11. Christina
    Christina says:

Are there any deaf events in Alabama? I volunteer at my church foodbank and there are several deaf people that come to get help. It is sad because usually they sit alone because they have no way of communicating with others. I plan to try to connect with them this month. Anyone in Alabama wanna join me?

• Jessica M.
      Jessica M. says:

It looks like there is a monthly Deaf CoffeeNight

Office of Deaf Services, ADMH and Montgomery Chapter, AAD
      12/7
      6:30 – 8:30 PM
      Starbucks: 1601 Eastern Blvd, Montgomery 36117

A monthly community event that takes place every first Friday.

All signing levels welcome.

For more information, please contact:
      shannon.reese@mh.alabama.gov

12. raesmith2345
    raesmith2345 says:

If anyone is looking for a deaf event in Louisiana, the next one (that I know of) is October 27 in the city of Alexandria. The address is 6647 First Street, zip code 71303 and its open at 12pm. Admission is $15 for adults with the meal (taco soup with sides) or $7 without the meal. Children 10-17 years old only pay $5. If anyone out there knows of any sooner deaf events in central louisiana sooner than the end of October, please respond! thanks!

• Anna Stebbins
      Anna Stebbins says:

For anyone looking for deaf events in Orlando area, please check out the University of Central Florida ASL Facebook page to keep up with all deaf events. We have a few each year and all are posted on that FB page.

13. miascourse
    miascourse says:

i am looking for an event or meeting in or around the fort worth Texas area if you can help me in any way please let me know by replying to this comment thank you so much in advance

14. Donna Day
    Donna Day says:

Hello~ I am an ASL adjunct for Shepherd University.
    I host a monthly deaf coffee at Panera Bread, Martinsburg WV on 2nd and 4th TUESDAYS from 6-8 pm.
    I also host on the 1st and 3rd TUESDAYS at Starbucks in Winchester, Va.
    You may contact me at 540-931-9124 or email me at:
    dday@shepherd.edu for more information.

15. amithist1999
    amithist1999 says:

I am an ASL teacher in the Austin area. I am looking for deaf events for my club students. I get a few from TSD but looking for more. If you know of any please let me know. These are High School students so does need to be age correct.

16. Shaunna Kinney
    Shaunna Kinney says:

Hello, I would like to meet and become friends with others that are deaf. I am a Hearie, and have always been interested in learning ASL.. I am from Beaumont Texas, southeast Texas.. if anyone see this post and close to my area please reply
    ASAP.. thanks

• launina williams
      launina williams says:

Have you searched on the deaf network website, it’s also a houston group called houston deaf or something like that. It’s an event every first Saturday of the month at Sagemont Church.

17. Hannah Cockrum
    Hannah Cockrum says:

I’m learning asl, but I am self taught and would love someone to practice with. I’m located in wilmington, nc. If anyone knows any good resources to help teach me I would appreciate all the help I can get.

• Linda Ayers
      Linda Ayers says:

Hi Hannah If you are still looking for resources . You can go to Lifeprint .com and/or Start ASL they both have great online courses and they both offer free ones too.

18. Jessie Leigh
    Jessie Leigh says:

Hey guys I’m in Roswell/Marietta/Atlanta Georgia I’m learning sign if anyone wants to be friends and work on sign together that be great. 404-838-9780

19. Dorothy Elaine Howard
    Dorothy Elaine Howard says:

Hello 🙂
    I am looking for events in North East Florida. I’m currently in Jacksonville, FL
    Please let me know if there’s any events near me that you know of.

20. Shawnna
    Shawnna says:

Looking for deaf events in Beaufort SC. If you know of any please let me know. Thanks
    I will also be in Jacksonville NC April 1st for the weekend. If anything happening there please let me know about that also.

• Kristy Chase
      Kristy Chase says:

Hi Sara

I’m in Northern VA and just joined this course. I don’t know if I’m at your level of knowledge, but I’d love to have a conversational ASL connection. Let me know if you’re interested. I’m in Woodbridge.

• Jessica Canavan
        Jessica Canavan says:

Hi Kristy, I am in Northern VA as well, in Haymarket, and am looking for someone to practice with. Please let me know if you’d like to get in touch!

• Lauren Jones
          Lauren Jones says:

Hi Jessica! I am also in NoVA (Woodbridge) and I travel to Haymarket/Gainesville area often for work and to hang out with friends. I took a beginners ASL course at Kendall Demonstration Elementary in DC about 6 years ago so I would consider myself to be a fairly proficient beginner (lol) but i’m looking for people to connect with and certainly practice with. I think it would be great for us to connect! Let me know. : )

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Please leave only comments that add to the article or discussion. Any help or support comments should be directed to Start ASL Help & Support. Thank you!