Terms and Policies
Here’s the legal info for this site and our information products:
All content on this website – and all content in our books, e-books, and other information products – is Copyright (c) Start ASL/Judea Media LLC. All rights reserved.
You may not reproduce or distribute, in any form, any of our content on this website nor any of the content in our information products without our written permission. This includes educational uses. Each unit purchased equals the number of individuals who can use the products from this one purchase. Please purchase one of our bulk options for distribution.
Privacy and safety:
We value your privacy as much as we value our own. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you when you visit our website.
The server where this website is located collects only the default data customarily logged by most web server software, including the date and time of the visit, the originating IP address, and the pages and images requested.
Although this website and all of our information products are designed to be completely family-friendly, they are not specifically directed to children under 13 years of age.
All product orders placed directly from this website are completely secure, and handled by Paypal.
This third-party payment processing service uses industry-standard SSL encryption on all personal and financial information submitted during the transaction – and even we do not have access any of your financial data.
Products, Services, and Refunds:
- Delivery – Immediately following payment you will receive an email with a link that enables you to download your e-book, and start reading it within a minute or two. Our e-books are in the Adobe Acrobat file format (PDF file). If your computer doesn’t have the Adobe software, you can easily download and install it for free from Adobe at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
- Refunds – The books purchased from this site (not in bulk) come with a one year guarantee. You can use this resource for a whole year and if you find it isn’t for you, you can get a full refund of the purchase price. Only an honest educator would have a 12 month, 365 day risk-free money back guarantee–most bookstores only give you 30 days!
- Bulk Refunds – If you purchase the Don’t Just “Sign”… Communicate! e-books in bulk, you can return any unused coupon codes within 45 days of purchase.
- Delivery – Immediately following payment you will receive an email with a link that enables you to download your course(s).
- Refunds – If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can request a refund within 30 days of your purchase.
- Delivery – After purchase, you will receive an email confirming your enrollment in the course.
- Refunds – We have a 30 day money back guarantee! Please contact us to request a refund.
- Subscriptions – When you sign up for a monthly subscription, the subscription fee will be charged automatically every month until you cancel your subscription. You will receive a renewal email each month your subscription is renewed. You can cancel your subscription at any time by logging in and going to My Account > Subscriptions > View > Cancel. After you cancel, you will still have access to your courses until your previous renewal date.
The Start ASL Tutoring Program
- Delivery – After you have scheduled your session, you will receive an email confirming your appointment.
- Refunds – Refunds are subject to the discretion of your Tutor. You can reschedule your tutoring session up to 24 hours in advance. Your Tutor’s time is valuable, and so is yours. If you’re late for your appointment, you lose that time. If you don’t show, you will still be charged in full. In turn, your Tutor will honor your appointments and be on time as well. Tutoring credits expire after 1 year.
- Delivery – After the successful submission of your order, you will receive a link to our instructions about how to set up your Group in our courses.
- Refunds – You may request and receive a refund for your order within 10 days of your group being created, less a $40 administrative setup fee.
- If you submit an order for a Group of less than 5 students (a minimum of 5 students is required), your order will be canceled and you will be subject to the $40 administrative setup fee.
Support ASL Products
- Delivery and refunds – These products are shipped from and sold by Zazzle. They are subject to Zazzle’s shipping and return policy.
- Delivery and refunds – These products are shipped from and sold by Amazon.com. They are subject to Amazon’s shipping and return policy.
Paypal Disputes and Chargebacks
Will disputing the transaction in PayPal or filing a chargeback with my bank speed up my refund request?
- We’d really like the opportunity to look into your request first, so please get in touch with us by using our contact form.
- As an anti-fraud measure, if you open a dispute in PayPal or file a chargeback with your bank, your Start ASL account will be automatically disabled and you will not have access to any item purchases until it’s resolved.
- When Start ASL agrees to issue a refund, the refund will be issued within 3 business days and should post to your account in 7-10 business days.
- After 60 Days: Some refunds made after 60 days will need to be sent by Start ASL using Paypal’s Send Money feature, which requires you to have a Paypal account to claim.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Los Angeles County, California, United States.
This website and our information products are intended for informational purposes only, and represent our experience and knowledge as of the date they are published.
We have made every effort to verify the content of this website and our information products, but we cannot be held liable for any omissions, errors, or inaccuracies in the content.
The information we publish is not intended to be used for accounting or legal advice; the reader must exercise his or her own best judgment regarding when to consult with a licensed legal or accounting professional, and regarding the application of the information to his or her own situation.
No guarantee of the reader’s results is stated nor implied in this website nor in our information products. We cannot be responsible for the results readers may or may not achieve from applying the information we publish, since the Internet, readers’ actions, other websites, and the nature of ASL are beyond our control.
However, it’s our sincere wish that you achieve your language dreams!