Find an American Sign Language Practice Partner!

Are you learning American Sign Language on your own? Finding an ASL partner with whom to practice your signing skills is an integral part of learning this language. And since ASL is a visual language, face-to-face practice time is crucial to your success. As they say, practice makes perfect!

If you are interested in learning ASL along with a community of other students, you may be interested in joining the Start ASL Complete Online Course. Our course is the most advanced and fun step-by-step online ASL learning available and we guarantee you’ll love it!

So, if you are learning ASL and looking for a partner with whom to practice, please visit our dedicated Facebook posts linked to below:

For Students 18+

Find an ASL Partner 18+

For Students Under 18

Find ASL Partner Under 18

547 replies
« Older Comments
  1. Courtney
    Courtney says:

Hi,
    I’m looking for a sign partner. Please leave your contact information below if interested! I am a beginner and would like to find someone to consistently practice with, at least once a week. I am currently enrolled in online classes through StartASL. *Preferably female

2. angelabremer
    angelabremer says:

Hi my name is Angela and I really want to become a vrs interpreter so I think having a practice buddy would help out. If anyone wants to talk, my email is reidstar24@gmail.com. Please don’t be shy I’m really friendly :D

• ameldrum
      ameldrum says:

Hey! I also am planning to be a VRS Interpreter and I think it would awesome to connect with you and do some practicing together!

3. khadiga
    khadiga says:

Hellooo my name is Khadiga I live outside of the USA and I’m looking for someone to practice with over skype.Can you please help me ?

4. Esther Bundy
    Esther Bundy says:

Hi my name is Esther I live in Terre Haute area not to far from Indianapolis. I started taking ASL a few weeks ago from startasl. I have taken ASL classes before but I feel learning from here I hope to be fluent in it. I would prefer a female practice partner.

5. karina27
    karina27 says:

Hi my name sis Karina I would love to have an ASL practice partner, I live in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Thank you

6. jthomas03
    jthomas03 says:

Hello,

I’m not too good at this. So please, forgive me. I currently live in Southern Maryland. I would love to have an ASL practice partner. I hope everyone has a great day!

~Jacqui

• Alex
      Alex says:

Hello, I’m Alex, Also Deaf too, I’m love it Teaching is for you learning sign language, if you are interest, please letting me know,

• torbro
        torbro says:

Hey Alex, my name is Tor. My email is torvideotransfer@gmail.com if you wanna shoot me an email. I would love to maybe work on Snapchat together to practice? I think working with someone who’s deaf could really help my understand of the Deaf community. I have basic conversational skills and some random vocab words locked in my brain right now. Shoot me an email :)

7. Jane Langman
    Jane Langman says:

I would like to find a beginning signing partner in west central Minnesota. There are no places to practice around here so finding someone is essential. Thanks!
    Jane

8. Soup
    Soup says:

Hello!! My name is Maddie (it might show up as Soup here, haha) and I am wondering if there is anyone in savannah georgia that might be open to meeting up to practice! I am doing the free version of the startasl classes online, but as I’m in school, it’s hard to keep it up. I think finding someone to practice with would be really helpful!! Thank you so much :)

• Alex
      Alex says:

Hello, I’m Alex, Also Deaf too, Are you Female? I’m Male, I’m love it Teaching is for you learning sign language, if you are interest, please letting me know,

Texting me (616)-216-3230

9. paulamc1973
    paulamc1973 says:

Practicing to take my exam to teach ASL in the classroom. Need a partner to practice with who is not a beginner. Really trying to practice good sentence structure/fluency. FaceTime would be best – weekends – prefer female. TY

• gfort
      gfort says:

Hi Paula,

My name is Grace and I received a minor in ASL in May. I will probably be a bit rusty at the start, but I would love to have someone more advanced to practice with. My email is gforthaus@gmail.com if you would like to contact me. Anyone else who is looking for an intermediate ASL practice buddy is welcome to reach out too!

• Sarah Hammond
        Sarah Hammond says:

Hi Grace!
        Are you in the Los Angeles area? I’m looking for a practice partner. I’m in ASL 4 and am starting interpreting classes! My email is paesanamia@hotmail.com or you can reach me here. Thanks and good luck!
        Sarah

10. Paula Allen
    Paula Allen says:

Hi! My name is Paula. I am a beginner with ASL and I just signed up for the start ASL class online level. I am 36 and live in Los Angeles California. I am looking for a local practice partner preferably.

• Courtney
      Courtney says:

I’d be interested I just started the online class here too! It would be FaceTime or something like that though, because I live in a different state.

• Alex
      Alex says:

Hello my name is Alex! I’m Deaf, Nice meet you too, Are you want learning sign language? If you are interest anytime, I would love it teaching for you. Email me soon please, Also I don’t have computer for video chat, I have IPhone and iPad would FaceTime or Skype or Facebook, and Thank you so much!

Alex

11. waleed_9110 skype
    waleed_9110 skype says:

looking to practice some signing with any girl, practicing with a guy would just seem weird to me. I am a guy, and id say im intermediate level, self taught. SKYPE: Waleed_9110 or ask for my facebook we can do videos to each other :)

12. Julie
    Julie says:

Hi my name is Julie, and I’m from Massachusetts! Looking to have a partner to practice with maybe once every other week or so. I have taken an intro sign language class, and now I am taking this course. I don’t have many people to practice with who are also learning ASL and I’d love to have someone to practice with who is taking this course! I can videochat using facebook messenger. :)

• Alex
      Alex says:

Alex

• azhelenskaya
      azhelenskaya says:

Hi Julie, are you still looking for a partner to practice with? My name is Anna. I am also from Massachusetts:)

13. donavon_b
    donavon_b says:

Please let me know if you want to Practice ASL via facetime. I live in Illinois, and am 21. My Instagram is donavon_burton and my snap is dman98 message me and I’ll give you my number for facetime!

• dinasty
      dinasty says:

Hi I’m dinasty I’m from nyc and I’m in asl 1. My Instagram is d.inasty if you’re interested in practicing

14. lhidalgo
    lhidalgo says:

Unfortunately some stuff came up and I don’t have as much time to invest in learning asl. I would remove my original comment, but I can’t figure out how…

• Kate13
      Kate13 says:

Press the button (contact us) it will bring you to a page where you can write to them. Recently I was looking for the same thing trying to delete a comment. Then I wrote to them and they deleted it for me.

15. Heather Crawford
    Heather Crawford says:

Good evening! I am Heather and I live in Houston. I am new to ASL. I had sudden hearing loss in both ears about 2 months ago and am now trying to learn new ways to communicate, but I want to do it right. I would love someone to practice with. Let me know if any is interested in practicing with me! Thank you so much!
    hacraw7@icloud.com

• Alex
      Alex says:

Alex

16. karabeth
    karabeth says:

Hi! I’m Kara, 18. I live here in California and I’m in the process of becoming a sign language interpreter. I’m currently preparing to take the ASLPI test and I would love to meet other people in this community. Send me a message because I’d love to meet you and have a practice buddy!
    Email me at: karakanetis@gmail.com or message me on instagram at: kara.beth3 so we can figure out how to talk!

• Sarah Hammond
      Sarah Hammond says:

Hi Kara,
      are you in the Los Angeles area? I’m looking for a sign language practice buddy and live in El Segundo and go to Pierce College.
      best,
      Sarah

• waleed_9110 skype
      waleed_9110 skype says:

HI karla, i also learn from dr.vicars online lessons. if you want to practice through either videos on facebook or .. skype@Waleed_9110 :)

17. emilyviggiani
    emilyviggiani says:

Hello, I’m Emily from Canada and I would like to make a sign-language-speaking friend please. I live in Toronto

• Alex
      Alex says:

Alex

• Alex
      Alex says:

(Text) (616)-216-3230

18. araut27
    araut27 says:

Hello. My name is Alta. I am an au pair from South Africa in Ellicott City Maryland. I have learnt some signing through Instagram and YouTube. But would really like to meet up with someone who wants to practice in person. You can reach me here or at rautenbach.a on Instagram if you’re interested.

• Alex
      Alex says:

Hello My Name is Alex! Also I’m Deaf, Are you interest learning sign language? Just asking, I would like helping for you learned sign, and get know About you, if you are interest chatting with me, if you want text me, would (616)-216-3230 letting me know and Thank you!

• Alex
      Alex says:

(Text) (616)-216-3230

19. Amber Wolford
    Amber Wolford says:

Hi. My name is Amber. I am looking for an ASL partner to practice with. I am a beginner and need some direction. I have a son that is hard-of-hearing & signs very well, but he is away at school in another city most all of the time. If you can offer some practice time, please let me know.

20. melanieramos
    melanieramos says:

Hi, my name is Melanie and I am looking for people to practice my ASL skills. I am at an intermediate level and would love to improve on my signing and receptive skills.
    If you are interested my phone number is 407-929-9758 and my Instagram is _melanie.velez and my snap is melanieee_x333

21. Hatam
    Hatam says:

Hello! My name is Hatam and I’m at class ASL 201. So far, I’ve taken 3 intensive classes of ASL and almost know my way around. I need to practice through ASL through Skype. Here’s my Skype name: Hatam Tamimi.

22. c.martin
    c.martin says:

Hi everyone! My name is Courtney. I’m a beginner, and am currently working on ASL 1 in Start ASL. I’d love to start practicing basic signs, and basic conversation with someone. If anyone is interested, comment your contact info below!

• Alex
      Alex says:

Hello, My name is Alex! I’m Deaf, too. I would love it teaching for you, learning sign language, if you are interest, just asking it. Would like my skype or other? And Thank you!

« Older Comments