In this unit sample as you learn sign language online, you will learn how to sign object locations.
Another way to practice classifiers and giving directions is by describing where an object is located. You would use this if you are asking someone to get it for you.
- To describe the location of an object, you need to:
- Identify the room where the object is (i.e. bedroom)
- Visualize the room as if you are standing in the doorway
- Identify the part of the room the object is in
- Narrow down the location (i.e. next to the bed, in the nightstand, in the first drawer)
- Identify the exact location of the object by pointing
Object Location Examples
You can view examples of how to sign object locations in our full course.
Object Locations Quiz
You can complete this quiz in our full course.
Take Our Free ASL 1 Course
This unit is just a sample of our complete course where you can learn American Sign Language quickly and easily. Enroll in our Free ASL 1 Course today!