Start ASL Online Course Mobile App
We are currently working on testing our courses using the Moodle Mobile App. So, not all features may be available yet, but you can still complete a lot of the course within the app.
Our courses are also completely mobile-friendly, so anything you cannot complete in the app can be completed by accessing your courses using your mobile browser.
To use the Moodle Mobile App with our courses:
- First, you must have an active Start ASL Online Course subscription.
- Download the Moodle app: https://download.moodle.org/mobile
- Open the app and enter this URL: courses.startasl.com
- Provide your course login information and click Login.
- If your login information does not work, please use the “Forgotten Your Username or Password?” button to reset your password using your email address. Your reset password will be used only to login to the app. Your Start ASL password will still remain the same.
- Once you are logged in, your enrolled courses should show on your list.
- Then just open the course you are currently working on to continue where you left off. Enjoy!
Start ASL 1 Class App (Retired)
Due to the new availability of our mobile-friendly courses, we made the decision to retire our standalone course app. You can still continue to learn for free using our free lessons here: https://free.startasl.com. We think you will really enjoy learning using this version of our courses.
- Start ASL 1 Workbook – Make sure you have Adobe Reader installed to open the PDF file. You can print this using Booklet Printing or Multiple Pages Per Sheet in Adobe Reader to create a half-page-size booklet.
- DJSC! Student Guides – Not required, but recommended for completing the Reading Assignments.
- Deaf Events – Our Deaf Events page where you can find/submit Deaf events in your area.
- Unit 6 Writing Assignment – Submit your writing assignment for Unit 6 at the link.
- Why doesn’t the app recognize my username/password? If you have a Start ASL account on our website, please keep in mind that our app is actually completely separate from our website. The log ins and progress are not the same. We highly recommend using the website directly on your mobile device browser instead of using the app – our courses are completely mobile friendly!