Deaf Events in the Northeast United States

Deaf Events in the Northeast

Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont

If you’re looking for Deaf events in the northeastern United States or want to post your own, you’ve come to the right place!

To Search Deaf events in your state, use your browser’s Find ability (CTRL+F) to search for your state’s name on the page.

To Post Deaf events in your state, leave a comment below with the name, address, date, and time, and be sure to use your state’s full name in your comment below so others can Search it easily.

We try our best to find you accurate events for you to attend. Some events are free, while other events require tickets or an entrance fee. We are not responsible for cancelled events. Contact information is provided as available for each event and not affiliated with StartASL.com.

Happy signing!

80 replies
    • klendle1
      klendle1 says:

Hi Jessica, I’m trying to find an event near me. I live In Walden New York which is in Northern Orange County. I’ve never been to one. Thanks Karen

• Jessica M.
        Jessica M. says:

Deaf & Signers Group of Lower Hudson Valley
        ASL Meet-up
        2nd Saturday of each month
        12 noon – 4:00 PM
        Jefferson Valley Mall
        (In the food court)
        Lee Blvd off Route 6
        Yorktown Heights NY
        Stay the whole time or just drop in! Tell your friends!
        Take Taconic State Parkway to Route 6 exit. Go East on Route 6, then Right on Lee Blvd. Mall is on your left.
        Contact: Chris at NYscrapbooking@oponline.net

ASL Silent Coffee Night
        Every Thursday evening
        6:00 – 9:00 PM
        Panera Bread
        Mohawk Commons
        Balltown Road
        Niskayuna NY
        Meet every Thursday evening with Deaf and Hard of Hearing peers, interpreters, hearing peers who know sign language, and anyone wanting to chat.
        Contact: Maureen “Mo” Thorpe at mthorpe3@nycap.rr.com

ASL Silent Chat
        3rd Friday of each month
        7:00 PM – ???
        Uncommon Ground (coffee place)
        Broadway
        Saratoga Springs NY
        Niskayuna NY
        NO VOICE ALLOWED! KEEP UP YOUR ASL SKILLS!!!
        Street parking available (no pay meter after 6pm), behind former Borders and motels on Division St, and parking garage on corner of Philadelphia & Putnam Sts.
        For more information contact Jane & Bob Fluman

(We try our best to find you accurate events for you to attend. Some events are free, while other events require tickets or an entrance fee. We are not responsible for cancelled events. Contact information is provided as available for each event and is not affiliated with StartASL.com.)

1. LightOperaNJ
    LightOperaNJ says:

Light Opera of New Jersey is presenting the Christmas classic “Amahl and the Night Visitors” by Gian Carlo Menotti at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. ASL interpretation will be provided at the 7:30 PM performance on Friday, November 30. Please email amy.liu@lonj.org to reserve seats near the interpreter. This miraculous story will warm your heart, make you laugh, and perhaps bring a tear to your eye. https://lightoperaofnewjersey.org/amahl-2018/

2. Keishla Martinez
    Keishla Martinez says:

Trying to organize a deaf event in Harrisburg Pa, likely on Front St. I am just starting my journey and it will be my first meet, and since there aren’t any meets close by, I think it be great to organize one here. If you’d like to be a part of it, please let me know!

3. Morgann
    Morgann says:

Every Second Friday of the month @286 Turnpike Rd
    Westborough, MA 01581 United States. There is a deaf social at Chick-Fil-A from 6-8. You do not have to stay the whole time. Please join us to social and eat chicken!!

4. A.King
    A.King says:

@LaLa0801
    In brick there are many public Theatere plays with a interpreter who signs the show know the interpreters and they would love to mentor you and you can probrably watch them sign the show

5. Christine Ellen Swain
    Christine Ellen Swain says:

On August 12, over in Portsmouth, NH. Deaf theater will be performing A Suessical Musical. It is being held at Prescott Part at 1pm. I can’t wait! As one who has had to interpret Dr Suess, I am anxious to see how other manage those nonsense words. :-)

6. Christine Ellen Swain
    Christine Ellen Swain says:

I’m in Southern New Hampshire, Keene area. I can’t seem to get the Deaf Event finder to work for NH. I also keep getting a Privacy Policy popup on that page. I work as an interpreter and have for many years but I need a lot of receptive practice and there isn’t much of a Deaf community around me anymore. UNH has a great Deaf Studies program so between Concord and Manchester we should be able to find something. Get in touch if other northerners have come across anything,

7. Vanessa Arcila
    Vanessa Arcila says:

Good morning everyone,
    I am a new ASL student looking for events in the NewJersey/New York area. If anyone could point me into any direction for events I would be extremely grateful :-)
    Thank you!

8. Molly Langdon
    Molly Langdon says:

Hi! I’m gonna be in Newport, Rhode Island for the whole month of February and I was wondering if there were any deaf events coming up in that area. I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!

9. Sarah marie
    Sarah marie says:

Hello from Philadelphia!

I’ve been learning ASL for a little while now and I’m at the point where I’d like to start signing with people for practice.

I’m looking to find people who would be up to chat *sign* with me. There are some meetup groups in the greater Philadelphia area which I will be checking out that host “meet and greets” every week.

Email me if you are interested tacitawesomeness@gmail.com

10. Angela Ruiz-Prado
    Angela Ruiz-Prado says:

Any deaf events in New Jersey, mainly near Hackensack. I’m hearing and would also love to make new friends my age that are also studying ASL. Reply, friend, or message me to talk. Thank you! xo

• Joey Herrera
      Joey Herrera says:

I’m from West New York New Jersey I’m learning ASL but I need to practice if you want to meet with other friends let me know …I don’t know nobody in Jersey 9083671824

11. Valerie Warner
    Valerie Warner says:

My brother Chris Warner is deaf and would love contact with any of you. He lives in Chester NY, can be reached by email, if you are interested let me know.

• Morgann
      Morgann says:

i know this is almost a year later, but every Second Friday of the month @
      286 Turnpike Rd
      Westborough, MA
      01581 United States.
      Our next one is October 12th. It is made up of mostly level one students and occasionally a deaf person. We’d love it if you’d join us!

• Marye
      Marye says:

Monthly DEAF Bible Study – Saturday, March 11th at 11:00am
      We meet at a local church where worship services are interpreted, we have potluck lunch, have a Deaf Bible study in ASL (this will be voice interpreted if hearing people want to join us) and enjoy DEAF fellowship. PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING FOOD TO SHARE FOR LUNCH.
      Date: Saturday, March 11, 2016 at 11:00am
      Where: Norwich SDA Church
      Address: 400 Harland Rd., Norwich, CT

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Please leave only comments that add to the article or discussion. Any help or support comments should be directed to Start ASL Help & Support. Thank you!