The sign language interpreting Code of Ethics is very important for all interpreters to follow.
All RID certified interpreters are required to follow the RID Code of Ethics. The Code of Ethics requires that interpreters behave in a manner appropriate to their position. For example, interpreters may not change the message they are interpreting, all assignment-related information must remain confidential, and no personal opinions or advice can be added while interpreting.
The seven tenets of the RID Code of Ethics are listed below:
- Interpreters adhere to standards of confidential communication.
- Interpreters possess the professional skills and knowledge required for the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for consumers.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for colleagues, interns, and students of the profession.
- Interpreters maintain Ethical business practices.
- Interpreters engage in professional development.
Here is the official NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.